Certified Environmental Management (CEM) is designed for housekeeping Managers of all levels or individuals with an objective to become a Supervisor in the cleaning industry.
CEM is recognized by Canada’s leading Environmental Services Association – the Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM) and will provide individuals with the skills required to lead their housekeeping team.
Achieving CEM certification requires completing the CEH certification FIRST, so Managers clearly understand the requirements of their Frontline staff and assist their team in delivering best practice cleaning and disinfection for the facility they support.
Note: the price for CEM Certification includes the cost of the courses for CEH Certification.
In this course, you will learn about:
- Fundamentals of Housekeeping
- Adaptive Leadership
- Workplace Safety
- Infection Prevention
- Cleaning Tools, Equipment and Products
- Cleaning Tasks
- Cleaning and Disinfection Practices
- Waste Management
- Environmental Sustainability
- Cleaning Audits
- Pest Control
To achieve CEM certification you must successfully complete an additional test of all modules. You will receive CEM testing access with this package.
What are the benefits to you as an individual if you get a CEM certification?
Learners who obtain a CEM certification with CleanLearning, will receive:
- One year introductory membership in the Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM)
- Become recognized as a leader in the field of environmental services
- Have the skills required to assist your housekeeping team on safe and healthy cleaning
- Understand the chain of transmission and how to support your cleaning team during infection outbreaks
- Use your certification to demonstrate to potential clients that you and your cleaning firm have the skills required to protect the facility investment, occupants, and staff
- Certification will put you ahead of your competition when bidding on contracts
- Certification will raise the professional image of you and your organization
Learners must achieve 75% or higher on CEM core competency review to achieve certification.